Sitting here reflecting over the last year and the only thing I can say is that God is amazing. Never did I envision myself proclaiming to be an entrepreneur or conducting coaching sessions. You see, this around the way girl with chinks in her armor could not see that I had it in me all along. Instead, I talked myself out of walking in my purpose. What will people think? Can you do this? Will people even sign up or trust you to coach them? I limited myself based on my observations of what I believed I was lacking.
My life is not perfect. I strive everyday to get it together, in fact, I often joke with my friends about needing to get my life together. I’m not where I want to be spiritual, financially, or career-wise. I work everyday to be better than I was the day before. I pray every day for grace, mercy, forgiveness, and peace. I fall just like the next chick and I often wonder when will my time come.
Truth is, I doubted me. I was the obstacle in my own way. A year ago, today I decided to stop being that obstacle. I decided to trust what God had already given me and I decided to step out of my box and seek my purpose with everything in me. I decided that fear would no longer hold me back. Who cares what people will think. They’ll never think anything good or bad if you never step out and share with the world your God-given gift. I’m not the most extroverted person at times. I don’t do well in large crowds. If called onto speak in front of people I freeze up on the inside. I’m somewhat shy at times when the spotlight is on me. At times, I can be awkward. With all of that, I still decided to jump and put myself out thereby declaring that I’m walking in my purpose and I’m sharing my gift.
You see I always knew I wanted to help people, I just didn’t know how I would get there. I can remember doing the career assessment in undergrad and being pointed in the direction of being a life coach. I had never heard 0f a life coach and I was intrigued so I researched and researched until I was on life coach overload. Even though it was something I could see myself doing, I just couldn’t see myself being working for myself. This is not something you can apply for in most cases and then I was a 9 to 5 type of girl. I needed stability for my growing family and a steady paycheck was a priority on the list. That was almost 10 years ago. After experiencing life more and getting to the point of being uncomfortable with being comfortable, I did it. Me! The girl from the hood. The chick with 5 kids. The one they thought would never make it. They counted me out. I was told that I would never be successful because I had, had my kids so young. I was made to believe that the only way up was by climbing someone’s else’s corporate ladder. No one like me was supposed to make it because I didn’t come from a certain family or I don’t have a certain net worth. Society would have me believe that I should be lucky to just have a job. BUT GOD!
One day I realized that God has been calling me to the table but I have been avoiding the call. You see this coaching thing is not about me and how great I am but how great I can help others be. I’ve learned that each of our destinies is directly tied to the destiny of someone else and if you’re not answering the call, someone, you’re preventing them from being called. We were all put here to help uplift and empower each other. Our stories are meant to empower and inspire. We go through things so that we can grow and share our testimonies. So that the next young woman from the hood with a bleak looking future can look at someone just like her and understand that she can to do great things. She can help people with her story. She doesn’t have to settle for the box that society has already placed her in. She can overcome any obstacle thrown her way and with the proper guidance she can do great things and take the torch to empower and uplift the next.
The best thing I could’ve have done was decide at my dining table on August 21st, 2016 that I was going to answer the calling NO MATTER WHAT! I declared it out loud to the Lord and I prayed for his guidance and strength because I knew that I was in for a fight. When you step into your destiny, that’s when the real battle begins. You’ll be thrown with all types of left and right hooks by life. Things you didn’t have a problem with before will now become a problem. Your children who are normally well behaved will act out. Your marriage will be tested. Your faith will be tested. No matter the test you must stand and fight. Keep pushing. Keep believing. God didn’t call you to fall, he called you because he knew you wouldn’t fall. God knows what’s in us before we do.
I’m happy to say that 1 year later I’m still answering the call. I’m still pushing and I’m still working. I’m still working the plan. I’m still coming up with ideas to grow the business and I’m still being patient and depending completely on God for guidance. I always wanted to be the next Oprah but God is showing me that he’s grooming me and guiding me to be the only Life Strategist KG.
I’m so blessed to be able to say that I made it. I MADE IT! I hung in through some of my hardest times. Through life’s up’s and downs and I pushed through. Over the course of the last year I’ve had some wins:
- Published my first book, Real Tales of a Momprenuer
- I became the Editor for Model Mom Magazine (Ask A Life Coach & Model Woman on the rise)
- I met some awesome women living their dreams and inspiring women all around the world.
I’ve had some losses:
- Not every product or service was able to be launched within the first year.
- Events I wanted to host haven’t made it yet.
- I’m not making 6 figures. (I was for sure that I would be making 6 figures by now, dang Instagram moguls)
Ove the course of the year I’ve touched many and empowered a few but most importantly, I’ve been able to show my children that with hard work and dedication, you can accomplish anything. The joy I seen in their eyes when they saw their mother’s face on the cover of a book is priceless. The pride they have when they say my mama has her own business can’t be replaced. If for nothing more than to be a light to my children, I’m happy.
I want to say thank you. If you’re reading this, thank you for your support. Thank you to everyone who believed in my dreams and supported me with no questions asked. If you’ve purchased a book, thank you. If you’ve signed up for coaching and allowed me to help you on your journey, thank you. If you just read a post or shared my content, thank you. If you prayed, thank you. THANK YOU for helping a girl who society counted out, show the world why you should bet on me to win.
I’m looking forward to the next year and prayerfully many years to come. I’m still growing, learning, and working. I hope to help as many people as possible realize that their dreams are waiting on them to take the first step and they can do it, one foot at a time.
Your friend in your head and real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
P.S. If you’re reading this, it’s not too late. Click the link below to schedule your free coaching sessions so that you can stop sitting on your gift but start walking in your purpose. Someone is waiting on you, let’s take the first step.
Happy Thursday peeps! I know it’s been a few weeks since you’ve heard from me. Having 5 kids means the month of May is extremely busy for me. From wrapping up the end of the school year to birthdays and a demanding 9 to 5, your girl has been busy.
Nonetheless, I have a word that I would like to share. With me wearing so many hats and having so many responsibilities, it is easy to be overwhelmed and feel helpless. Sometimes, I think that life would be much easier if my dreams weren’t so big, but then I think, “what fun would that be?”
The easy thing to do is to quit, give up, tap out, and walk away. That’s also how you stay stuck and settle for where you are right now.
Are you a conqueror (winner) or conquistador (loser)? Do you give up at the first sign of “hard”? Do you allow your challenges to get you down and make you feel defeated?
If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions, it’ time for an attitude adjustment. It’s time for you to train your mind to think on a different level. Train yourself to replace every negative thought with a positive punch. Your success depends on it. Your goals and dreams will not work unless you do and it’s going to take a fight, it won’t be easy.
Whenever I think about giving up, taking the easy way out and settling for “normal”, I remind myself why I do this; it’s because I get to help others accomplish their goals and live their dreams. I get to show my children what going after what you want looks like even when times get tough, you don’t give in you stand in and fight for what you want.
if you’ve been feeling down, depressed, overwhelmed, helpless, hopeless, or just down right TIRED, that’s when you dust your shoulders off, face your challenges head on and refuse to give in. Don’t throw in the towel, use it to wipe your sweat off and keep fighting. Finances in shambles? FIGHT! Career not going the way you want? FIGHT! Relationship issues got you down? FIGHT! Fight for your victory, fight your way to finish line. NO MATTER WHAT, YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!
I just wanted to drop in and share this because I too struggle on a daily to fight but my will to conquer my dreams is bigger than my will to give in. I’m fighting and I will stand with you as you fight. WE GOT THIS! You can get that degree you’re working on. You will get that awesome job that you’re not qualified for. That career change you want to make will happen. Your financial situation will improve. You gotta be willing to put in the work and fight for what you want.
I pray that this blesses you and gives you the motivation you need to level up and show yourself what being a conqueror looks and feels like.
P.S. Do you have a dream but no plan? Need help getting clear about your vision and the steps you need to take? Let’s chat!
P.S.S. Before you go, you should check out the May issue of Model Mom Magazine. This issue was very special to me because it features my FIRST two articles as a contributing editor. Thank you in advance for checking it out and don’t forget to send me any questions you may have for “Ask A Life Coach”. Check out a preview below:
If you haven’t had a chance to check it out, you can access it HERE
I would love to hear your feedback!
Here is a little something that describes what living life with a dream and a plan looks like. You are a conqueror and you won’t accept defeat! Enjoy!
If you’re reading this, it’s not too late! That is one of my favorite album titles by my favorite and probably one of the only rappers I listen to, Drake. It is very fitting for this post. This is a cautionary tale of what it truly take to not only be an entrepreneur but a Momprener.
I started my entrepreneurial journey less than a year ago and I can tell you it’s nothing that I every expected it to be. Based on the boss chicks I follow on social media, they made it look easy. Their beautiful pictures make it look oh so glamorous. Their website’s are flawless and their email campaigns are effective and well written. They pull you in with the glamour of it all and how seamless they make it look. No one every tells you the dark side of being a boss chick.
Trust me there is a dark side. This journey is not all rainbows and unicorns. I want to share 5 things I’ve learned so far and as long as you know these things from the start, you will be able to survive the dark side of chasing your dreams. Let’s go!
- A Diva is the definition of a female hustler
- Queen bey said is right in her ‘Diva’ song. In order to make it as an entrepreneur you’re going to have to put on your hustler cap and grind. You have to be willing to put in the work. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad new but your cute face will not be enough to build a thriving business. It may be enough to get you through the door but your talent will have to kick in at some point. You have to be willing to do the work. On those days you’re having, “just one of dem days” <—Monica voice, you’re going to have to kick in your push through muscle and work through the days you feel down, tired and plain old exhausted. Get your hustle on and watch them blessings from your hard work pour in.
- If you fail to plan, plan to fail~ Benjamin Franklin
- Ya’ll are going to get tired of me saying this but I don’t care, WRITE IT DOWN! Be intentional about what you want and how you’re going to get there. Get you a cute little goal journal, grab your favorite cup of coffee or wine and get to scribbling. Yep, we’re going ole school.
- Writing down the things you want to accomplish makes them real. It also makes your goals tangible because you can literally hold them in your hands via your goal journal.
- By writing them down, they become action items that you will then put deadlines to.
- I hate to tell you this but even the overnight successes had a plan to get there. Success just doesn’t happen, you plan for it. If you’ve ever listened to or watched an interview with Nicki Minaj, she has mentioned several times how she planned for success back when it was just a thought and look at her now. Don’t fail because you couldn’t take the time to plan.
- Don’t let life kill your vibe
- I can’t tell you how many times I hear my clients tell me why they “can’t” do something and it always has something to do with regular ole life.
- I can’t eat right to get to my weight loss goal, I’m too stressed out.
- I can’t start my business, I don’t have any money.
- I can’t go back to school, where will I find the time.
- My answer for every “can’t” is the same, ” if you want it bad enough you won’t let a “can’t” stand in your way, you’ll subtract the “T” and make a way.
- We put time and energy into the things WE make important. Life will always be life, hitting from all angles with problems, issues and up’s and down’s. You have to put your BS blockers on and push through all that life sometimes throws at you. If you want to start a business, do it. You want to go back to school and get that degree you’ve put off, do it. JUST DO IT! Life will always be happening but you have the control to go after and accomplish your goals and dreams with a “no matter what” attitude.
- Every accomplishment I’ve had up to this point all started with me speaking to myself and my goals saying, “no matter what, I’m going to do this and I’m going accomplish this.” It was this mindset that allowed to obtain my bachelors degree while being a full-time working mom. Life didn’t stop for me, I still had bills coming in and kids to feed. I didn’t let the trials of life throw me off of my grind, I pushed through my obstacles and made it happen. You can too!
- I can’t tell you how many times I hear my clients tell me why they “can’t” do something and it always has something to do with regular ole life.
- Surround yourself with like-minded individuals
- Let’s be clear, I’m not saying getting all new friends or family. What I am saying is to join up with other like-minded people who understand the struggles you’re going to experience on your journey. These are going to be some of your biggest supporters, motivators and people who inspire you.
- You know the saying, “positive vibes only”, this is going to play a huge roll as you go through the day-to-day up’s and downs that come with building a business or brand. You’re going to need all of the positivity and uplifting you can get.
- I cannot tell you how many times I’ve found myself at a crossroad or just feeling overwhelmed and ready to throw in the towel. It was my support system of other women and mom entrepreneurs who encouraged me to keep moving. Reassured me that what I’m doing is inspiring and impacting others.
- You will find this support system through networking and being intentional, there’s that word again. Be intentional about the company you surround yourself with especially when you’re on a mission.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Perfection is a myth people. I hate to break it to you but you can strive for perfection as you should, but you’ll never reach it. Don’t let being perfect keep you from being or doing the things you want to do. It’s that simple, kind of. We all want everything to work out as perfectly as we plan them to but that’s just a part of life you’re going to have to accept, it wont.
- The good news is, you can perfect your craft as you build your business. You can perfect your website all while helping clients and making an impact. You can learn from things as you grow and make adjustments to do better the next time around. You can grow as you go. Guess what, nobody is going to hold it against you. Half the time nobody knows that things didn’t turn out exactly how YOU wanted them to.
- Don’t let small details keep you from big wins!
What did we learn today?
- Get ready to werk, werk, werk, werk!
- Intentionally plan to be successful.
- Life happens, so what. Don’t let it keep you from being great.
- Birds of a feather flock together, surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Ish happens, don’t sweat the small stuff.
I’ve had the privilege and the honor to become a published author, yay! It was these five tips that helped me accomplish this goal that I’ve had for a long time. I teamed up with 12 other like-minded Momprenuers and we birthed my new book, ‘Real Tales of a Momprenuer, Business, Babies, Balance’. To get more tips on what it will take to reach the finish line of your goals, pick up your copy by clicking the link below!
Have questions or need guidance on getting to the next step? Hit me up and let’s get you over the hurdle and dreaming with your eyes wide open.
Your friend in your head and in real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
When I say this month has been uber busy! Between work, my family and my WERK (my business), I have been werking over, overtime hunty!
I did take the time to read my November reading pick. I believe that in order to grow you must expand your knowledge through reading. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read a books or listened to an audiobook where it was full of information I already knew but to get it from a different perspective helped me to see it clearer which helped me to successfully implement the principals into my life better.
This book is a little different because I came away with a lot of new tools to add to the arsenal and it double’s as a workbook to help you take action. I learned so much and got inspired! Koereyelle got my whole life with this book!
I would love to share everything I learned but that would just ruin it for you so I’ll share 5 major lessons that I took away from ‘Confessions of A Werkaholic’.
Be Bold with your Imagination!
Koereyelle writes about using your imagination to think about what your dream life looks like to you. She talks about imagining every detail from how you would start your morning to how you would end your day. She gives a really great example by describing her dream day down to her future husband and kids. This helps her to keep her “why” at the forefront.
I completely agree with Koereyelle on this. You have to know why you’re working so hard and what your end result will look like. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought about giving up because it got tough or because I wasn’t receiving the response or results I wanted but, then I think about my dream day and how I want to feel at the end of the day, and I get back to werk.
This thing called life isn’t easy. Add to that being a wife, mother and newbie entrepreneur to the mix and whoa baby you’re in for a ride. There are days that I think it would be easier if I just wanted to be regular. The fact of the matter is that I’m an extraordinary woman who wants to help other extraordinary people do amazing things. For that reason, along with my family and the type of life I want to live, are my “why”.
So get all into it! Dig deep and really imagine what your dream life looks, feels and sounds like.
Less is best!
Koereyelle did a really great job talking about taking a leap of faith before you have everything perfect. In Chapter 5 she writes about ‘Werk from the Web’ and some simple tools you’ll need to get started.
I can’t tell you how many clients I’ve worked with who were holding themselves back from leaping because they didn’t have a website or a logo or this or that. I learned this early on. Everything does not have to be perfect in order for you to start. You can start and build what you need as you go. If you’re confident in your abilities and good at your craft, people will come. I’m sure there are a ton of dreams out there sitting on a shelf somewhere because the dreamer is afraid to jump. That’s all this is, a fear of leaping. As long as you’re waiting for the perfect start, you’ll never begin.
Less is best, just leap!
Be a Social Media Socialite!
Okay I knew this one and I’m a work in progress in this area. What I didn’t have was the tools Koereyelle included in her book to help you be intentional about your social media growth. Did I mention that the book is also a workbook? Child! She was not playing with us! She gave us the info and then the tools to put what we learned into action. I think that Koereyelle was pulling from her past life as a teacher on us.
Basically in this chapter Koereyelle talks about how to organically grow your social media following by being organic. This means NO AUTO RESPONDERS! I can’t tell you how much I hate when I receive a message from someone on social media that’s not organic but an auto responder, uggghhhh! I completely understand wanting to automate as much of your processes as possible to free up time for other task; however, putting your comments and messages on automation, for me, takes the real out of the connection and immediately I’m turned off.
Don’t do it people! Be genuine, be intentional and plan your social media strategy. I think that Koereyelle knows a thing or two about growing your social media considering that she has over 30k followers on Instagram alone.
Giving is rewarding!
There is a chapter in the book where Koereyelle talks about why it’s good to be a giver, especially when building a brand/business. Giving away free services or free tools can actually grow your business. Giving is a way to show people what you know and your abilities.
By giving you are sowing seeds that could come back to you by way of client testimonials, speaking engagements, and/or hosting opportunities just to name a few.
Free can turn into paid opportunities if you do a good job. Per Koereyelle, “Don’t be afraid of free!”
Someone’s Always Watching so Werk!
One of the most important lesson’s I learned from Confessions is that you have to be mindful of who’s watching you. You never know who is watching you and who has the ability to take your business or your life to the next level. That is why it’s important to always be on your A-game. Always put your best foot forward and always put in that WERK!
This book was full of great tools, wisdom, and opportunities to take action with the worksheet pages. If you’re not werking now, I can guarantee that you will be after you read it.
Do your life a favor and pick up your copy of ‘Confessions of a Werkaholic’ ASAP, your success depends on it!
About the Author
Koereylle is an author, International Speaker, and Serial Entrepreneur! She’s created networks that encourage, empower and help women realize their purpose but most importantly Werk in their purpose.
For more info on Koereylle, click here!