Sitting here reflecting over the last year and the only thing I can say is that God is amazing. Never did I envision myself proclaiming to be an entrepreneur or conducting coaching sessions. You see, this around the way girl with chinks in her armor could not see that I had it in me all along. Instead, I talked myself out of walking in my purpose. What will people think? Can you do this? Will people even sign up or trust you to coach them? I limited myself based on my observations of what I believed I was lacking.
My life is not perfect. I strive everyday to get it together, in fact, I often joke with my friends about needing to get my life together. I’m not where I want to be spiritual, financially, or career-wise. I work everyday to be better than I was the day before. I pray every day for grace, mercy, forgiveness, and peace. I fall just like the next chick and I often wonder when will my time come.
Truth is, I doubted me. I was the obstacle in my own way. A year ago, today I decided to stop being that obstacle. I decided to trust what God had already given me and I decided to step out of my box and seek my purpose with everything in me. I decided that fear would no longer hold me back. Who cares what people will think. They’ll never think anything good or bad if you never step out and share with the world your God-given gift. I’m not the most extroverted person at times. I don’t do well in large crowds. If called onto speak in front of people I freeze up on the inside. I’m somewhat shy at times when the spotlight is on me. At times, I can be awkward. With all of that, I still decided to jump and put myself out thereby declaring that I’m walking in my purpose and I’m sharing my gift.
You see I always knew I wanted to help people, I just didn’t know how I would get there. I can remember doing the career assessment in undergrad and being pointed in the direction of being a life coach. I had never heard 0f a life coach and I was intrigued so I researched and researched until I was on life coach overload. Even though it was something I could see myself doing, I just couldn’t see myself being working for myself. This is not something you can apply for in most cases and then I was a 9 to 5 type of girl. I needed stability for my growing family and a steady paycheck was a priority on the list. That was almost 10 years ago. After experiencing life more and getting to the point of being uncomfortable with being comfortable, I did it. Me! The girl from the hood. The chick with 5 kids. The one they thought would never make it. They counted me out. I was told that I would never be successful because I had, had my kids so young. I was made to believe that the only way up was by climbing someone’s else’s corporate ladder. No one like me was supposed to make it because I didn’t come from a certain family or I don’t have a certain net worth. Society would have me believe that I should be lucky to just have a job. BUT GOD!
One day I realized that God has been calling me to the table but I have been avoiding the call. You see this coaching thing is not about me and how great I am but how great I can help others be. I’ve learned that each of our destinies is directly tied to the destiny of someone else and if you’re not answering the call, someone, you’re preventing them from being called. We were all put here to help uplift and empower each other. Our stories are meant to empower and inspire. We go through things so that we can grow and share our testimonies. So that the next young woman from the hood with a bleak looking future can look at someone just like her and understand that she can to do great things. She can help people with her story. She doesn’t have to settle for the box that society has already placed her in. She can overcome any obstacle thrown her way and with the proper guidance she can do great things and take the torch to empower and uplift the next.
The best thing I could’ve have done was decide at my dining table on August 21st, 2016 that I was going to answer the calling NO MATTER WHAT! I declared it out loud to the Lord and I prayed for his guidance and strength because I knew that I was in for a fight. When you step into your destiny, that’s when the real battle begins. You’ll be thrown with all types of left and right hooks by life. Things you didn’t have a problem with before will now become a problem. Your children who are normally well behaved will act out. Your marriage will be tested. Your faith will be tested. No matter the test you must stand and fight. Keep pushing. Keep believing. God didn’t call you to fall, he called you because he knew you wouldn’t fall. God knows what’s in us before we do.
I’m happy to say that 1 year later I’m still answering the call. I’m still pushing and I’m still working. I’m still working the plan. I’m still coming up with ideas to grow the business and I’m still being patient and depending completely on God for guidance. I always wanted to be the next Oprah but God is showing me that he’s grooming me and guiding me to be the only Life Strategist KG.
I’m so blessed to be able to say that I made it. I MADE IT! I hung in through some of my hardest times. Through life’s up’s and downs and I pushed through. Over the course of the last year I’ve had some wins:
- Published my first book, Real Tales of a Momprenuer
- I became the Editor for Model Mom Magazine (Ask A Life Coach & Model Woman on the rise)
- I met some awesome women living their dreams and inspiring women all around the world.
I’ve had some losses:
- Not every product or service was able to be launched within the first year.
- Events I wanted to host haven’t made it yet.
- I’m not making 6 figures. (I was for sure that I would be making 6 figures by now, dang Instagram moguls)
Ove the course of the year I’ve touched many and empowered a few but most importantly, I’ve been able to show my children that with hard work and dedication, you can accomplish anything. The joy I seen in their eyes when they saw their mother’s face on the cover of a book is priceless. The pride they have when they say my mama has her own business can’t be replaced. If for nothing more than to be a light to my children, I’m happy.
I want to say thank you. If you’re reading this, thank you for your support. Thank you to everyone who believed in my dreams and supported me with no questions asked. If you’ve purchased a book, thank you. If you’ve signed up for coaching and allowed me to help you on your journey, thank you. If you just read a post or shared my content, thank you. If you prayed, thank you. THANK YOU for helping a girl who society counted out, show the world why you should bet on me to win.
I’m looking forward to the next year and prayerfully many years to come. I’m still growing, learning, and working. I hope to help as many people as possible realize that their dreams are waiting on them to take the first step and they can do it, one foot at a time.
Your friend in your head and real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
P.S. If you’re reading this, it’s not too late. Click the link below to schedule your free coaching sessions so that you can stop sitting on your gift but start walking in your purpose. Someone is waiting on you, let’s take the first step.
As I sit her in the passenger seat of my car typing, I’m forced to reflect on the things that have transpired in the past week. You see, so many things have gone wrong this week and if I were weak in my journey, I’d be tempted to give up or put my dreams and goals on the back burner so that I could focus 100% of my time on getting things together. Making things perfect before I pick my dreams up again. Surely, I’m not ready right now with everything that’s going on in my life, at least that’s what I ask myself.
You see, today is transparent Thursday. A new weekly discussion that I would like to start discussing the trials and triumphs of a Momprenuer. I hope you can appreciate these transparent post because ish is about to get real, no masks only truths. If you can handle it, let’s go!
So let me give you some background on how my week started. I got fooled by the beautiful weather we had here in Nashville this past weekend and I forgot that I have allergies. I got up Saturday morning, had me some coffee. Got dressed and joined my cousin at the Sista Strut Walk which was a 3K walk/run in support of Breast Cancer Research. The weather was so beautiful that I decided to rent a bike at one of the bike stations and ride it around the park while spending time with my niece and sister. Remember, all of this while having forgotten about allergies. I ran some errands. Went home and did some house cleaning. Got cute because my baby boy had a basketball tournament that evening so I put on my #Momlife shirt and let my fro flow. I was on a high!
That is until about 7:30pm. On my way to my son’s game, I felt the sinus pressure build. My throat itched. And it was then that I remembered, YOU GOT ALLERGIES FOOL! I had not taken any medicine because I had not been experiencing any real symptoms until this point.
You see, sometimes, your problems are underlying. Even though you can’t see them doesn’t mean their not there. If given the right opportunity they will come to the forefront. If you give your problems a chance to be great, oh believe me, they will take that opportunity and show up and show out, like my allergies did to me. Honey, I thought I needed to be on somebody’s sick and shut in list. I had to get my husband to make a late night and expensive run to the store to get my a box of 5 Claritin. Even though I had a bottle of allergies medicine at my job, I had to learn an expensive lesson being unprepared to deal with this PROBLEM.
If you allow problems to go unsolved, not only will it sneak up on you when you least expect it, but it’s gone cost you more than you’re willing to pay.
PROBLEMS BREED MORE PROBLEMS
Alright, so I just told you my sick and shut in story. Thanks to my husband, I was able to get my allergies to a point where I could survive them and in my Toni Braxton voice Breath again. So I’m back on and popping and now Monday rolls around.
I’m at my main business investor (my job), and my husband calls me telling me that he is experiencing issues with his car and needed me to come quick because he needed me to take him to get a part for his car. Now keep in mind, he was at work and I was at work. We also knew that he would need to get this done as soon as possible because he needed to get to his second job shortly and I needed to be able to pick up our children and get them where they needed to be. I had 1 that was at track practice, 2 in aftercare and 1 that had a track meet.
I leave my job early only for us to realize that my husband didn’t have a much-needed tool to actually fix this problem and that instead of fixing the issue, we were going to have to leave the car parked and take my car to do all of what I just explained above, get my husband to work, pick 1 kid up from track practice, 2 kids up from aftercare and get to 1 kids track meet all within 1 hour and 30 minutes. Now, I don’t know if you know much about Nashville, TN but we’ve recently went through several growth spurts which means, TRAFFIC IS HORRIBLE. I was thinking to myself, there is no way we’re going to get to all of that in such a short time.
You see, when you have problems can sometimes be like popcorn, once they pop, they just can’t stop. That is exactly what happened. Keep reading, I’m almost there but first I want you to follow the journey.
Okay so remember when I said that I was out Saturday forgetting about my allergies being great and running errands? Well one of those errands was an oil change for my car. So we’re in my car, on a packed interstate headed to the first destination we can make it to in such a short time when all of a sudden we see smoke coming out of my hood. I thought to myself, “clearly that smoke is not coming from my hood because I almost died getting the oil changed.” Yea all of that. My husband immediately pulls the car over to discover that some hose, that was important to the car’s health, had a leak that was preventing vital fluids from getting to the engine. If we did not take care of this issues IMMEDIATELY, the car would stop and this problem would become an even bigger problem.
Insert emotions here—>
So now, we have three problems, my husband car is sick, my car trying to fall out, the kids need to be picked up, my husband needs to get to his 2nd job, let’s not forget I still had work to do for my Momprenuer journey and now work to try to go back and get down for my “funding the dream” job.
We eventually got to an auto parts store and my husband was able to change the part after a struggle. We picked the kids up late. I missed my nieces track meet and had to get her mom to bring her home. My husband got to his new 2nd job only to be told that he could not work because technically he was not in their system and could not work.
When we got home we were exhausted and stressed. I sat on my couch with a good glass of wine while dinner was cooking. Turned on HGTV. Looked at my husband and said, WE MADE IT! I pulled out my laptop and I got some work down for both my “funding the dream” job and also worked The dream.
Your will always have problems but they don’t have to be your priority. Instead, place your focus on what you can do to get to the next level not on the problems you face on the way up. You problems are tied to your purpose. They’re put in place so that you can learn, grow and overcome. Instead of focusing on the CAN’T, focus on the CAN. Replace your cant with a can and watch your results flow. Watch your circumstances change watch your goals become accomplishments and watch your dreams become reality.
Also, you can’t wait for everything to be perfect before taking a leap of faith and pursuing the things you’re passionate about. Perfection is an elusion you will never achieve. You know, it’s a unicorn. Am I in the perfect situation to be pursuing my dreams right now? Hell NAW, to NAW, NAW, NAW! I could put together a list for you, as a matter of fact, here you go:
I’m not where I want to be financially
My kids have more activities than I can keep up with
I have to make time because I don’t have time
My husband get’s on my nerves every other day (love you tho boo)
My job is very challenging and demanding
The list can go on and on
Instead of focusing on those things, I create a strategy to work on those things while I go. I can’t let 1 problem stop a show. My faith is strong and I know without a shadow of a doubt that my God will provide and he does, daily. That is what this Momprenuer life is about, creating this business so that I can have the freedom to focus my time and attention where I see fit while providing a better life for my family. Right now I’m in building mode which means working late nights and early mornings. Posting blogs while on the way to work and my husband driving and trust me, he can’t drive ya’ll. (Love you babe). You just have to push through and keep your focus on your resolutions and the things you can control. I can’t control the problems that are thrown at me but I can control how I allow them to impact me.
I will always remind you that any journey worth taking is not going to be easy but it will always be worth it!
Your friend in your head and in real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
P.S. Have you picked up your copy of my new book, Real Tales of a Momprenuer? Click Here to get your copy today!
Don’t be stranger, leave a comment below or email me and let’s chat! Bye for now, be GREAT!
If you’re reading this, it’s not too late! That is one of my favorite album titles by my favorite and probably one of the only rappers I listen to, Drake. It is very fitting for this post. This is a cautionary tale of what it truly take to not only be an entrepreneur but a Momprener.
I started my entrepreneurial journey less than a year ago and I can tell you it’s nothing that I every expected it to be. Based on the boss chicks I follow on social media, they made it look easy. Their beautiful pictures make it look oh so glamorous. Their website’s are flawless and their email campaigns are effective and well written. They pull you in with the glamour of it all and how seamless they make it look. No one every tells you the dark side of being a boss chick.
Trust me there is a dark side. This journey is not all rainbows and unicorns. I want to share 5 things I’ve learned so far and as long as you know these things from the start, you will be able to survive the dark side of chasing your dreams. Let’s go!
- A Diva is the definition of a female hustler
- Queen bey said is right in her ‘Diva’ song. In order to make it as an entrepreneur you’re going to have to put on your hustler cap and grind. You have to be willing to put in the work. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad new but your cute face will not be enough to build a thriving business. It may be enough to get you through the door but your talent will have to kick in at some point. You have to be willing to do the work. On those days you’re having, “just one of dem days” <—Monica voice, you’re going to have to kick in your push through muscle and work through the days you feel down, tired and plain old exhausted. Get your hustle on and watch them blessings from your hard work pour in.
- If you fail to plan, plan to fail~ Benjamin Franklin
- Ya’ll are going to get tired of me saying this but I don’t care, WRITE IT DOWN! Be intentional about what you want and how you’re going to get there. Get you a cute little goal journal, grab your favorite cup of coffee or wine and get to scribbling. Yep, we’re going ole school.
- Writing down the things you want to accomplish makes them real. It also makes your goals tangible because you can literally hold them in your hands via your goal journal.
- By writing them down, they become action items that you will then put deadlines to.
- I hate to tell you this but even the overnight successes had a plan to get there. Success just doesn’t happen, you plan for it. If you’ve ever listened to or watched an interview with Nicki Minaj, she has mentioned several times how she planned for success back when it was just a thought and look at her now. Don’t fail because you couldn’t take the time to plan.
- Don’t let life kill your vibe
- I can’t tell you how many times I hear my clients tell me why they “can’t” do something and it always has something to do with regular ole life.
- I can’t eat right to get to my weight loss goal, I’m too stressed out.
- I can’t start my business, I don’t have any money.
- I can’t go back to school, where will I find the time.
- My answer for every “can’t” is the same, ” if you want it bad enough you won’t let a “can’t” stand in your way, you’ll subtract the “T” and make a way.
- We put time and energy into the things WE make important. Life will always be life, hitting from all angles with problems, issues and up’s and down’s. You have to put your BS blockers on and push through all that life sometimes throws at you. If you want to start a business, do it. You want to go back to school and get that degree you’ve put off, do it. JUST DO IT! Life will always be happening but you have the control to go after and accomplish your goals and dreams with a “no matter what” attitude.
- Every accomplishment I’ve had up to this point all started with me speaking to myself and my goals saying, “no matter what, I’m going to do this and I’m going accomplish this.” It was this mindset that allowed to obtain my bachelors degree while being a full-time working mom. Life didn’t stop for me, I still had bills coming in and kids to feed. I didn’t let the trials of life throw me off of my grind, I pushed through my obstacles and made it happen. You can too!
- I can’t tell you how many times I hear my clients tell me why they “can’t” do something and it always has something to do with regular ole life.
- Surround yourself with like-minded individuals
- Let’s be clear, I’m not saying getting all new friends or family. What I am saying is to join up with other like-minded people who understand the struggles you’re going to experience on your journey. These are going to be some of your biggest supporters, motivators and people who inspire you.
- You know the saying, “positive vibes only”, this is going to play a huge roll as you go through the day-to-day up’s and downs that come with building a business or brand. You’re going to need all of the positivity and uplifting you can get.
- I cannot tell you how many times I’ve found myself at a crossroad or just feeling overwhelmed and ready to throw in the towel. It was my support system of other women and mom entrepreneurs who encouraged me to keep moving. Reassured me that what I’m doing is inspiring and impacting others.
- You will find this support system through networking and being intentional, there’s that word again. Be intentional about the company you surround yourself with especially when you’re on a mission.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Perfection is a myth people. I hate to break it to you but you can strive for perfection as you should, but you’ll never reach it. Don’t let being perfect keep you from being or doing the things you want to do. It’s that simple, kind of. We all want everything to work out as perfectly as we plan them to but that’s just a part of life you’re going to have to accept, it wont.
- The good news is, you can perfect your craft as you build your business. You can perfect your website all while helping clients and making an impact. You can learn from things as you grow and make adjustments to do better the next time around. You can grow as you go. Guess what, nobody is going to hold it against you. Half the time nobody knows that things didn’t turn out exactly how YOU wanted them to.
- Don’t let small details keep you from big wins!
What did we learn today?
- Get ready to werk, werk, werk, werk!
- Intentionally plan to be successful.
- Life happens, so what. Don’t let it keep you from being great.
- Birds of a feather flock together, surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Ish happens, don’t sweat the small stuff.
I’ve had the privilege and the honor to become a published author, yay! It was these five tips that helped me accomplish this goal that I’ve had for a long time. I teamed up with 12 other like-minded Momprenuers and we birthed my new book, ‘Real Tales of a Momprenuer, Business, Babies, Balance’. To get more tips on what it will take to reach the finish line of your goals, pick up your copy by clicking the link below!
Have questions or need guidance on getting to the next step? Hit me up and let’s get you over the hurdle and dreaming with your eyes wide open.
Your friend in your head and in real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
Life can be so hectic with all that we typically have on our plates. Everyday you’re racing out the door to beat traffic, drop kids off, get to work and struggling to be your best self. This can leave you feeling overworked, under-appreciated, frustrated, tired, down and out. We’ve all been there, more than once. I bought the t-shirt, forgot about and bought it again.
Hi, my name is Kendra and I am the tired club president.
Operating in this space will drain you and keep you from living your best life. You can’t enjoy or live your best life if you’re operating at less than half of your best self. Here are 3 simple keys that will help you relax, reset, and refocus without taking too much of your already limited time.
You’re sitting at your desk and an email hit’s your already overloaded inbox from a needy client that reads, “URGENT”. Immediately your blood rushes to your head, the coffee you drank less than an hour ago no longer has its effect and you just want to scream. Before you type that nasty email response to your client who thinks that every minuscule need is URGENT, stop.
Take the time to just Pause. Take a moment to breath in the moment and let out all of the negative emotions and energy you’re feeling. Do this a couple of times to make sure you’ve gotten all of the negativity out of your bones before you proceed. This will help you calm yourself and rid yourself of the negative energy you feel at that moment. After you’ve taken the needed amount of breathes to put your mind back at ease, you’re ready for the next step.
Now you’re ready to reflect on the what, why, and how. What is causing you this stress, anxiety, or negative energy? Why is it causing you to feel the way you feel and why are you letting it? How should you respond? By taking the time to reflect, you give yourself time to really think about things from a different perspective, than you would have had before. You allow yourself the time to think things through and this allows you to refocus your energy in a more positive way. Ever heard the saying, ‘Think before you_?” That’s what this step allows you to do, think before you act or speak so that you’re coming from the best possible place at all times. Now that you’ve taken the time to take a breather and reflect, it’s time to act on YOUR best behalf before you act on anyone else’s.
Before you respond, take the time to pray or meditate. Whatever you do in your own spiritual time, do that in this moment. This will give you time to seek spiritual guidance. This is the best way to ensure that you’re always coming from the best place possible while dealing with life’s issue’s.
In order to live your best life, you’ve got to be your best self. Like the Snicker’s commercial, you’re not yourself when you’re hungry, you’re not yourself when you’re hungry for good internal vibes.
That’s it! In those 3 steps, you can create positive vibes at all times. These steps can help you ensure that you always take a proactive approach instead of being a reactive mess.
Remember the three key steps, PAUSE, PONDER, AND PRAY!
Was this helpful for you? Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you 🙂
Are you ready to take your 3 P’s to the next level and incorporate coaching into your “Live Your Best Life” regiment? Schedule your complimentary Discovery Call today!
I found an old blog post that I wrote years ago when I was blogging as way of therapy for myself. I look back on it and I’m proud of who I was back in 2012 and the woman I have become. Transformation can only happen if you’re open and ready to receive it.
You ever apply for a promotion that you got really excited about? You prepared for the interview researching the job description. Planning your responses to possible interview questions. You picked out your best interview suit, got your hair done and beat your face.
The day of the interview you show up to work early eager to meet with the hiring manager feeling confident about your preparation knowing the job was yours.
When the time for your interview nears, you’re all smiles, saying hello to every person you passed on the way to the conference room in which your interview is scheduled to take place.
You get there, greet the interviewer, get the formalities of introductions and brief summaries out-of-the-way. Then the interview takes place and again, you’re confident because you’ve researched the role so you know you got this in the bag plus you’re wearing your lucky interview suit.
It doesn’t take long after speaking with the hiring manager that you realize that you applied to an executive level position and you have an entry-level mindset and skill set. The interviewer gently let’s you down by telling you, “I’m sorry, you’re just not qualified for this position.” Is not until then that you realize you were missing some key requirements for the job like a MBA degree and you only have a certificate of completion rom the typing class you took right before you started with the company.
So you tread back to your work space feeling defeated and ready to quit and try your luck with a new employer but you’re missing the fact that no matter where you go, if you’re not qualified for a high level position which you desire, you’re not going to have much luck with a different employer either. Continue reading “Grow Up To Glow Up”
I often hear people speak about balance and trying to find it. Here’s the hard truth, balance does not exist honey bunch, it’s a myth. Sorry to burst you bubble and shatter your hopes of finding something thats about as easy to find as the mythical unicorn.
As a wife and mom of not 1, not 2, but 5 whole kids, I can honestly tell you with 1000% certainty that there is no such thing as balance. I know for a fact, especially when you’re trying to manage multiple lives and your own. It’s time to stop looking for the unicorn that is balance and to start coming up with a strategy to effectively chase your dreams and raise your kids.
For the longest time, I kept putting my goals off and making excuses about why I couldn’t start my business or write my book. I kept saying it was because I didn’t have “balance.” It got to the point that I was stagnant and not getting anything accomplished. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, life was continuing to happen around me.
I had to realize that life is NEVER going to stop and wait for Kendra to get out there and live. There will always be trials and tribulations. Life will ALWAYS throw you curve balls, it’s up to you to push through it and make things happen! Yes, you’re going to have to be the driver of your dreams.
Don’t let your responsibilities as a parent, provider, chef, taxi, boo boo kisser and monster chaser, keep you from sharing your awesomeness with the world. Parenthood should never smother who you are meant to be, it should actually make you better and more determined to be the best version of yourself that you can be.
You’re not doing your family any favors by not living in your purpose and settling for the mediocrity that life can offer, to those who are willing to accept it. Where’s the fun in that?
Here are some tips I’ve learned over the years that’s helped me accomplish the things I set out to accomplish all while killing this thing called parenthood…hopefully 🙂
- TAKE BREAKS
- Too often, I’ve seen parents get burned out because they’re trying to be super heroes and do everything for everybody but neglecting themselves. Trust me, you’re not only doing yourself a disservice but you’re probably not being your best self for your family. Take some “you” time at least twice a week or more if you can squeeze the time in. You don’t have to take days at a time, you’ll be surprised how much a 3o min “meditation” break can help boost your spirits or morning coffee and chill moment can get your prepared for the day. Carve out some time that you can go off in a corner and get some quiet time to reboost your life.
- DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF
- As a mother of 5, I had to learn to not get worked up about EVERYTHING. “OMG, the dishes are not cleaned!” “OMG, theres laundry to be done.” “Omg, there are dirty boys to clean!” I used to be that mom that fussed about everything. It wasn’t until I reached a breaking point and had a breakdown/break through moment. I realized that me fussing or cussing about everything didn’t change the outcome. My kids would repeat the same patterns of dropping their clothes, toys, backpacks, etc, right where they stood when they walked through the door. I would then repeat the pattern of fussing at the culprit, having them pick up the item, getting frustrated only to do it all over again THE NEXT DAY! One day, instead of fussing, a light bulb went off and I decided to write the kids chores down, implement a incentive program (allowance) that deducted funds based on behavior and cleanliness. I learned two things, kids love structure and kids love money. This created a more organized routine for my kids but also made mommy 1 happy camper.
- STRUCTURE, STRUCTURE AND MORE STRUCTURE
- As I stated in the last point, kids love structure. Without it, there’s no organization or blueprint on what’s expected of them. I can’t tell you how drastically my life changed once I implemented a more structured approach to chores, bedtime routines and life. I have a chore board that I update weekly. We know who’s doing what and at the end of the day I check it to make sure the assigned task was completed by the assigned kid. If not, I deduct money from the weekly allowance and I also make that kid complete the task. Not only is this teaching them how to have a good work ethic but it also teaches them responsibility and that there are consequences for your actions or lack thereof.
- CARVE OUT TIME TO WORK ON YOUR DREAMS
- I know that your time is limited especially when you have children. All 5 of my children compete in AAU, rec, school and any other sporting or extracurriculum event you can think of. We have football, basketball, track, cheerleading and anything else they can wrap their minds around. This means that I have to be creative, flexible and determined at putting effort towards chasing my dreams. The good thing is, we live in a age of technology overflowing so I have all of the tools I need to work and grow my business at my fingertips. While rooting for my son during his basketball game, I also do my social media post. While waiting on a kid to complete practice, I respond to emails. When you have a dream, you create a plan and you execute it no matter what. Be resourceful and determined and you’ll reap the reward.
- PUSH THROUGH
- Last but not least, raising kids and chasing dreams can be tiring and just down right disrespectful of your time and energy. Both are hard jobs but both are extremely rewarding. Neither is going to be easy and they both will come with their own set of challenges. As long as you know that the journey will have it’s challenges but if you stick it out, work the goals and stay focused, you will not only raise successful children but you an also live your dreams. Don’t give up in the hard times. Press through the trials and you will reap the benefits of working hard at both, chasing dreams and raising kids.
Now that we know that there is no such thing as balance, let’s be intentional about the things we want out of life by taking the time we need to reboot, not sweating the small stuff, create structure, work on your dreams daily,and push through. Who’s with me?
Did you find this post helpful, drop a line below and let me know what you’ve been putting off and how you’re going to go for it!
Your friend in your head, and real life too,
Life Strategist KG♥
P.S. Pick up your copy of my book, “Real Tales of a Momprenuer” to find out how I manage my family life while building a business and chasing my dreams.
I’m just going to jump in and keep it all the way 100% with you. You will not be as successful as you would like to be, if you don’t make sure your health is where it should be. There is no sugar-coating it. Your success depends solely on your ability to put in hard work which is going to take stamina and #Pushthrough to make it happen.
I don’t know about you, but I despise exercise. There are a million other things I’d rather be doing like poking my eyes out with a sharp tool, but as a wife, mom, and boss chick, I can’t afford to NOT make my heath a priority.
If you are going to go hard chasing your goals, which I know you will…right? You have to go hard, hitting the gym. You can’t have one without the other. Ever heard the saying, “Your health is your wealth?” Well guess what? It’s not just another cliché but actually a proven fact.
Here are 5 reason you should stop talking about getting your fitness game up and actually do it:
It has been clinically proven that health and being active equal’s more energy. If you want to be successful, it’s going to take energy to get there. This means no lazy-ass-ness allowed. Some ways to jump-start being more active are:
- Take the strains instead of the elevator.
- Take a walk after dinner instead of giving in to the “sleep-itis” and laying down.
- Get in some morning Yoga
- Busy moms, take your baby for a walk putting them to sleep and getting in your steps all at the same damn time.
Putting forth just a little bit more effort can generate just that much more energy you’ll need to go hard accomplishing your goals. If you’re really feeling pumped, jump into a full-fledged go hard or go home work out and see how much more energy that gets you. The earlier the better. You don’t want to be running on 1000 at 10/pm when it’s time to unwind and have your significant other looking at you sideways. Yep, I’m guilty, sorry babe:)
You’re training for a life marathon not a sprint. You want to prolong your life and not just extend your time here on earth but also extend your youthful physique and energy for as long as possible. It’s one thing to live as long as possible but it’s another thing to LIVE life as long as possible as fabulous as possible. A sure way to sustain a healthy and sexy physique is to change your eating habits and get in the gym. Make that elliptical your b*#@h! Need a little motivation? Check out the fabulous Ellen Ector, the 63-year-old fitness guru is changing the game baby. Visual motivation is a great way to see where you aspire to be and Ms. Ellen is my fit-spiration, I can only pray that I am as fabulous at 63 as she is.
I guess we can add a little vanity in here, right? Get fit because you’ll be on #fleek. If you look good you’ll feel good and if you feel good you will operate at your highest potential. Looking good on the outside and feeling good on the inside will boost your confidence. Confidence is key to accomplishing your goals. Whether it be getting ready to run a marathon or starting a new business, you’re going to have to be confident going into it so that you can get the best results out of it. So reason #3 is do it because you’ll be sexy. Have you seen some of those fit chicks on Instagram? They make me want to get my whole life and put down that extra glass of red wine! Get your body and your health on #fleek so that your life can be on #fleek.
Get your whole mind right! Being fit and healthy has been linked to helping improve symptoms from mental health issues. I don’t know about you but I know that after I’ve had a stressful day, a good workout can erase the effects of that day and even put me in a better mood. Exercise has been said to give you “feel good” endorphin’s. Feeling down? Run. Got the winter blues? Hit that elliptical . Get your health right and get your mind right!
Just Do it! Get fit and healthy because it’s good for you. It’s good for your life and it’s good for the goals you’re about to tackle. You’re going to need stamina to stay in the game and finish strong. You’re going to need muscle to push through the hard times and you’re going to need the energy to get up and go get it, whatever “it” is. Just do it, just get up off your ass and do it. When you’re feeling lazy after a long day, push through and get in some physical activity. You’re going to need all of the energy you can get to get to the most out of life in general, but more specifically, to get to the next level in YOUR life. Don’t make excuses make time to do your best and live your best life.
At the end of it all, you’ll look good, feel good and do good!
Are you ready to get off your butt and make stuff happen? Ready to start but don’t have a clue where to begin? Don’t worry, your personal accountability partner is right here. Schedule your free 30 minute consultation today to see how I can take you from couch potatoes to fleeky goal getter.
There is no better time than the present to live your best life now~KG
So, I’m sitting here trying to think of the perfect words to say to convey the message I have in my heart to share. The more that I keep trying to come up with catchy, clever things to say, the more at a loss for words I am.
To say what I want to say really doesn’t need fancy words or clever phrases. The only thing that I can think to say is just the pure truth.
Recently, I’ve seen death touch the lives of almost everyone around me. It started last December when my family was faced with the sudden death of one of my close family members. She was a young 43 years old and her death was very sudden and unexpected. She was healthy and lived a very lively life.
Even though she lived life to the fullest it seemed to those around her, I don’t know if she would say that she lived her BEST life. She probably would feel that there was still things that she didn’t get to do and dreams she didn’t get to live.
Dealing with something so tragic opened my eyes and gave me just that much more motivation to go after my dreams NO MATTER What!
For the last two years, I’ve been reading books about chasing dreams and living a great life. First I read, No Matter What by Lisa Nichols and I was motivated to chase my dreams no matter what obstacles come my way. So I began the process of becoming a Life Coach. Then tragedy struck and I was temporarily knocked off of my rocker.
At the beginning of this year, 2016, I read another Lisa Nichols book, Abundance Now. It was that book that pushed me out of my pity party and into fulfilling my dream of coaching and helping people live their best lives NOW.
You see, what I realized is that most of us are so caught up in the “right now,” that we can’t see beyond our current circumstances. We get so lost in the mundane of everyday life, that we let our dreams die.
Steve Harvey recently repeated a quote that further pushed me out of my comfort zone. Steve Harvey was speaking at one of his success events and he was speaking on not letting go of your imagination and he quoted Albert Einstein:
“Imagination is everything, it is a preview of life’s coming attractions.”
If you can imagine it, you can live it or have it. God didn’t give you vision just to tease you or frustrate you. He gave you vision so that you can see what life can be if you put forth the work necessary to make the vision a reality.
Your gift was given to you so that you can share it with the world, not to hold on to it and hide it from everyone including yourself. We were all given gifts and talents that are connected to our purpose. If you’re not sharing your gift, you’re not fulfilling your purpose, the reason you were created.
At the end of the day, we all will meet the same fate. One day, this thing called life is going to come to an end for us all. Most of us, if we’ve lived a good life, will have those that we touched speak our praises and keep our memories alive. They’ll tell everyone they know about what type of person you were and everything you did to touch them, to inspire them or to help them.
Stephen Covey says in his book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, that you should begin with the end in mind. If you thought of your life starting with the end. And really contemplated how you wanted the end to be. What do you want people to say about you at your funeral or wake? What legacy would you like to leave behind? If you really thought about your life with the end in mind, would you say that you’re currently doing the things you want to remembered for? Are you living your best life?
Quit putting off your goals and dreams for tomorrow, tomorrow is not promised. Quit letting fear, bad relationships, lack of finances,or anything else that is a small detail to a bigger picture, keep you from living your best life.
In the end, there will probably be a headstone with your name, date of birth and date of death. If you’re lucky, maybe some nice words.
Here lies Kendra Garcia, loving wife and mother. Born date-death date. The end.
What will your dash represent for you? The dash that separates the date you entered the world and the date you exited. What type of life will that dash represent? Will if represent a life well lived? A kind generous person with a good heart? Or will it represent a social media fraud? Someone faking the funk for people who don’t care whether or not you post tomorrow. A person that used all of those around them for their own personal gain?
Life is short and no one knows what tomorrow holds. The only certain thing we know is this moment, right now. It’s time. Time for you to stop being paralyzed by the unknown. It’s time for you to do that thing that you’ve always wanted to do. Take a risk on yourself and your dreams. Step out on faith and start that business you’ve always wanted to start. Get out of that relationship that is not growing you and is in fact slowly killing you. Start a new career. Go back to school.
It’s time for you to truly live your best life NOW!
If you’re ready to take the step to start living and stop thinking about what life would be like if you were just able to do the things that you’ve always wanted, contact me and let’s discuss how I can help you start living your best life NOW and accomplishing the things you’ve always wanted to accomplish.
Start putting in the work now to make your dash count for something later.
Your Friend in your head and in real life too,